Wednesday, July 6, 2011

EDCI5825 Week 6


This course has ben very informative. I had never used wikis or blogs before and now I can see that they can be a great tool for education. I believe it is very important in today's society to use technology for instruction. It has become such a part of student's lives and using it in the classroom will help students connect to the material and teachers can take advantage of that ability.
I think that most of the projects and all the different tools we learned were very helpful. The Voki is maybe the only technology which seems frivolous rather than valuable for teaching. I would have liked to worked more with Jing because I have seen Gina use it and feel like it could be valuable. Perhaps you could have used it to show us how to create some of the accounts we needed or how to make a glogster and we could have done that as an assignment. Another suggestion would be to use a SMART Notebook presentation in your instruction to us so we could have seen it in action.
I feel fairly confident moving forward with Wikis, Blogs and Google Docs but it has to do alot with the fact that we used them throughout the semester in more than one class. If we used them for all the classes it would probably be really helpful but maybe that is not comfortable for all the instructors. I definitely feel confident using the Mac and I am not afraid to just experiment with different technologies in the future. Perhaps I could ask my students for some creative ideas on using technology in the class or for assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment